We cordially invite you to the spring edition of the course:
MARCH 29 – JUNE 16, 2023
Before you read the description, we invite you to watch the videos with the participants’ opinions:
And an interview with the course instructor:
Written feedback about the course:
And the leader in action:
DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT THE COURSE:
On this course, you will receive a lot of tools in the fields of: movement composition, broadly understood contemporary dance (including dance improvisation), therapeutic dance, physical theater, Authentic Movement, movement expression techniques, body work, relaxation techniques and much more. The course is a process and takes place in a CLOSED FORM, i.e. in a permanent group. Classes are conducted by an experienced instructor with many years of multidisciplinary experience and love for what she does. You can also expect specific methods and, at the same time, great openness.
The course level is open. The course is designed in such a way that it can be used by professionals as well as enthusiasts and amateurs.
– THERAPEUTIC DANCE
-DANCE IMPROVISATION TECHNIQUES (SPECIFIC METHODS BASED ON MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE)
– PHYSICAL THEATER
-AUTHENTIC MOVEMENT (BENEFITS TO BOTH PERFORMERS AND BODYWORK PASSIONATES)
– MOVEMENT COMPOSITION (in the contemporary dance trend) – the practice of creating an original movement based on dance improvisation
– MOVEMENT AS A FORM OF MEDITATION, RELAXATION
– COMBINING DANCE AND OTHER ARTS
-BASIC OF VOICE RELEASE
– “INTERART DANCE” (original method)
– “DRY BRUSHES” (proprietary method)
-IMPROVISATION AND THE SYMBOLISM OF THE BODY
(DR. DETLEF KAPPERT METHOD)
-AUTHENTIC MOVEMENT (MERA WHITEHOUSE METHOD)
– “SKINNER RELEASING TECHNIQUE” (JOAN SKINNER METHOD)
WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY WORKSHOPS:
FRIDAY WORKSHOPS – MOVEMENT COMPOSITION (in the contemporary dance trend):
Contemporary dance sprouted on the border of the 19th and 20th centuries, when Isadora Duncan rejected the rules of classical dance “breaking” its rules. However, the forefather of this movement was Francois Delsarte, who was the first to look at the feedback between the mind and the body with a bang.
Contemporary dance is (often) spatial and expressive movement. It is a movement where mind and body are one.
A movement that tells a story and one that can express: an idea, an emotion, a feeling and everything that is contained in the mind. Its uniqueness and theatricality consists in min. on movement with intention. It is a movement in which our whole being manifests itself. In which the dancer’s personality is important and largely determines his individual style. Creating your own movement here is often a very creative process that develops you on many levels.
Movement composition provides tools for constructing independent movement utterances.
On Fridays, depending on the needs of the group, we will either go more into improvisation or composition.
We will not deal with learning the technique of contemporary dance alone. Knowing this technique is very useful, but not necessary. The basis for building movement compositions will be min. dance improvisation techniques.
WEDNESDAY WORKSHOPS, a land of caloric creativity and a celebration of expression, INCLUDING MIN.:
DANCE IMPROVISATION, PHYSICAL THEATER, AUTHENTIC MOVEMENT, THERAPEUTIC DANCE.
Basic issues (motor skills):
– center of movement and articulation of the limbs (body as a whole)
– mobilization of the spine (flow of movement / energy in the spine)
– traveling between the floor and the vertical
-movement qualities (weight, tension, level, time, dynamics, size)
-Continuum and Staccato movement
– movement line
Basic issues- (body-mind)
-feedback between mind and body
body symbolism and gesture
-intention/expression/presence in movement
-senses and movement (issue of pleasure in moving)
-contrasts and their integration
-mental images and poetics of movement
-elements of nature in motion
– communication through movement
– working with props
– solo, duo and group movement
Wednesday workshops are a movement that promotes feeling, reflection and pure creation, which also has a healing effect. This is not an invented movement, but flowing from the depths of our being, describing with body language this space of being a human being, against which verbal communication is often helpless. Movement that cleanses psycho-physical tensions and expresses and visualizes in a simple way what is complicated. A movement that teaches cooperation with every inner state, no matter what state it is. After all, it is also a movement conducive to the practice of presence and authentic and honest being with oneself and with others through the activity of dance.
* during the course there are about 3 to 5 workshops on Voice Work or Body Mind Centering
with invited guests (instructors from outside)
POSSIBLE PROFITS FOR BODY AND SPIRIT:
-deepening the relationship: mind-body
-learning or improving body language
-awakening dormant instincts and the vitality behind them
-strengthening communication with oneself and with others, thanks to work with the body
-awareness of the body/feeling of the body/reading its signals
-increasing spontaneity (reducing the distance from impulse to: action)
-reacting and listening instead of producing (acting without wrestling)
-expanding horizons and scopes: physical and mental
-development of creativity and “out of the box” thinking
-powerful training for the imagination
– making friends with the senses and the phenomenon of pleasure
– realizing one’s own potential (not only creative)
– building the ability to act, taking into account your psycho-physical condition (acceptance)
– expressing myself as I am (authenticity) and, as a result, increasing acceptance of the internal environment (I) and the external environment
– work with the body combined with fun
– loads of inspiration
– getting to know new people with a similar circle of interests and a new side of yourself
– psychotic states
– psychotropic therapy (request for consultation with a doctor)
– advanced pregnancy and very early postpartum period
– various types of inflammation and acute conditions
– current, unhealed injuries
-lack of regular movement for a long time
Situations when you need to be careful with yourself:
– high sensitivity to strong stimuli, e.g. loud sounds
– the use of pharmacological agents
– general poor condition of the body
*This course is not therapy, although most exercises are both developmental and therapeutic. It can also be a very beneficial complement to classical therapy and support it very much.
If someone is in therapy, it is worth informing your therapist that you plan to participate in these workshops.
COURSE ADDRESSES (please read to the end):
The course is dedicated to people who already have experience in movement/dance/theatre/physical theatre, but… the course is designed so that it can be used by professionals as well as enthusiasts and amateurs.
We invite dancers/people learning to dance/choreographers and dance instructors/actors/people preparing for exams at PWST/performers/artists of all fields ready for physical effort/people working with the body or wanting to work with the body/art therapists/choreotherapists/educators/workers with children or young people/people working with people with disabilities.
We invite people struggling with pain on a daily basis and want to learn to listen to their body.
We invite people who decided that it’s too late to dance.
We invite people who want to awaken their body and its potential.
If you feel this course is calling you, but you have no experience with the movement, write. However, it’s good for you to be excited.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, I invite you to participate, provided that you are accompanied by a remote sign language interpreter.
*The course is for people who are able not to miss more than 6 workshop meetings in the Diamond version, or 4 meetings in the White and Silver version and 5 meetings in the Hybrid version.
*Age doesn’t matter as long as your body is used to movement.
Alicja Miszczor: b. in 1982 He lives in Krakow. Movement actress, dancer, improviser, experienced instructor of movement composition, dance improvisation, and physical theater. Creator of the InterArt Dance method. Certified Hatha Yoga instructor. A scholarship holder of the Alternative Dance Academy in Poznań. Certified choreotherapy instructor: Movement Improvisation and Body Symbolism (Institute of Dance and Movement Dynamics/Essen/r. Detlef Kappert). A graduate of PPSKAK in Kalisz in the field of contemporary dance. From 2008 to 2015 she was an EST dancer with Iwona Olszowska. From 2013 to 2015 she collaborated with the Barakah Theater in Krakow. Author of numerous performances and dance videos. He cooperates with the Kreissau Foundation, where he conducts workshops for people with physical and intellectual disabilities.
More info about the host:
Playlist on yt:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/interartdance
FB group: Interart Dance. Workshops with Alicja Miszczor
Dance video group on fb:
There are 4 options to take the course:
-Diamond Course (full version) – Wednesdays and Fridays
For a full experience and a concrete entry into the process, we recommend this version of the course.
– Silver Course (Wednesdays plus two Fridays to choose from – during the 3 months of the course)
– White Course (Fridays plus 2 Wednesdays to choose from during the 3 months of the course)
-HYBRID option (Wednesdays and every other Friday or Fridays and every other Wednesday during the 3 months of the course). The Hybrid version is available only to people who actually do not have the opportunity to take part in the full version of the course.
Attention!!! We reserve priority withenrollment for people willing to take the full version of the course (Diamond).
* Only when you participate in the Diamond Course will you receive a certificate confirming your participation in the course
DIAMOND COURSE – 3 months / 2 times a week / about 33 hours of workshops / – early bird price (price until December 6):
– price after this date 1650 PLN
PRICE FOR THE WHITE COURSE – ONLY FRIDAYS plus 2 Wednesdays to choose from – 3-month course
– early bird price: PLN 1,150.
-price after March 10: PLN 1,300
PRICE FOR THE SILVER COURSE – WEDNESDAYS ONLY plus 2 Fridays to choose from – 3-month course, once a week
– early bird price: PLN 1,150
-price after March 10: PLN 1,300
Hybrid option – WEDNESDAYS AND EVERY SECOND FRIDAY OR FRIDAYS AND EVERY SECOND WEDNESDAY) – three-month course
– early bird price: PLN 1,400
-price after March 10: PLN 1,550
* PLN 100 discount on the Diamond Course for people who have already taken part in the course
(please send applications according to the instructions):
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
– in the title of the message, enter the name of the course you are interested in and your name, e.g.: “Czechowska, Diamentowy” (this is important)
– in the content of the e-mail, briefly describe your experience with the traffic and your expectations towards the course, and send your phone number.
The advance payment sent, not the application, decides about the reservation of the place.
*Resignations from the deposit:
After 24 hours from the payment of the deposit, the return is not considered.
* In case of injury or serious health problems during the course – it is possible to take part in the next edition of the course.
*We have one more for a person with a disability or a person struggling with a serious illness. Please apply with a short cover letter.
Note: In the event of a difficult financial situation, payment in installments is possible
Extremely charming and friendly space in the heart of Krakow:
Contact Space of Movement and Dance
st. Szpitalna 40, first floor, Krakow
(centre, very close to the Słowacki Theater and the Main Railway Station)
Link to school photo gallery: