Contemporary Dance and Movement Composition – 3-month course / start: 9.10
THERE ARE TWO COURSE OPTIONS:
WHITE VERSION (basic): Fridays, 18:00 – 19:30
Movement Composition and Contemporary Dance
SILVER VERSION (extended) Fridays (as above) and Mondays 18: 45-20: 00
Physical Theater and Dance Improvisation.
ATTENTION! REGISTRATION APPLIES FOR the course: firstname.lastname@example.org
The number of places is limited.
The order of applications counts along with the payment for the course.
We cordially invite you to the Movement Composition Course (basic or extended), the axis of which is the technique of contemporary dance, the art of composing movement, as well as physical theater and dance improvisation.
The WHITE VERSION course is:
– contemporary dance – the practice of creating one’s own movement and choreography – dance improvisation techniques (including structural improvisation) – mindfulness in movement and body awareness
* We construct proprietary movement compositions using the proposed tools.
The SILVER VERSION course is:
WHITE VERSION PLUS package
– PHYSICAL THEATER – DANCE IMPROVISATION – BASICS OF WORKING WITH SOUND – INTERDISCIPLINARY ACTIVITIES IN MOTION – “AUTHENTIC MOVEMENT” – “SKINNER RELEASING” METHOD – “CAPPER DETLEF” METHOD – USE YOUR SENSES IN MOTION
* during the course there will be one (max. 2) workshops on contact improvisation (on Friday – instead of a composition workshop)
CONTEMPORARY DANCE: This style of dance emerged on the border between the 19th and 20th centuries, when Isadora Duncan rejected the rules of classical dance by “breaking” its rules. Contemporary dance is (often) spatial and expressive movement. A movement that tells a story and one that can express: an idea, emotions, feelings, tell a story. Its theatricality is about movement combined with intention. It is a movement in which our entire being manifests itself. In which the dancer’s personality is important and largely determines his individual style. Movement that promotes feeling, thinking, asking questions and pure creation. Creating a choreography is often a very creative process and develops a dancer on many levels.
The basic elements of this dance are:
– Movement qualities, including: tension, weight, line of movement, impulse, space, level, size, pace, dynamics, shape, direction, etc.
– Center work and limb articulation (including joints in the body)
– Mobilization of the spine and three-dimensionality of its movement
– Movement on the floor, vertically and outside the vertical
– Characteristic elements of movement include: floor work, turns, jumps, swing, spiral, slide, roll, plie, release, inverted positions etc.
Addressees / applications
Application with a few sentences about your experience and expectations for the course, send to: email@example.com
In the title, write: “composition, white” or “composition, silver”, already optimal experience in movement / dance / theater / physical theater.
And also for performers and artists (including musicians and artists) of all kinds ready for physical effort. We also invite people who use or want to use body work in their work (including therapists and educators).
If you feel that this course is calling you, but you have no experience with movement, write. Together we will decide if it is for you.
The course is for people who are able to not miss more than 3 lessons (white version) and 5 lessons (silver version)
Host: Alicja Miszczor
Dance video group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/563344323713738
Early bird price list:
PLN 580. – option – White Course
PLN 680. – Silver course
option Price list after December 25:
PLN 630- option-White Course
PLN 720-option Silver Course
The course does not include: school passes, Multisport cards and OK SYSTEM cards
Note: For willing students it is possible to participate in two / three workshops choreography during the course. The aim of these workshops is to create your own choreographies. They will be recorded as video recordings.